Selling a home is a very complicated, complex process that can be extremely stressful, even if your emotions are not involved. But it is your home after all. That is why a professional real estate agent with a level head is an important team member in the process of selling your home.
Some owners think that selling the home themselves will save them money. This typically is not the case. Here are a few reasons why:
- You are limiting the exposure your home has to potential buyers.
It is believed to leave you with less than ten percent of what a good real estate agent will generate. This means your home will take ten to fifteen times longer to sell.
2. The longer a home is on the market, the lower the selling price.
Buyers believe that if a home has been on the market a long time, there is something wrong with it.
- Because of the limited exposure, you will very likely end up with a lower selling price.
In order to generate the highest price possible, it needs maximum exposure to the market.
- The selling process begins after the buyer leaves your home.
Many sellers think all it takes is for someone to see and fall in love with their home and an offer will follow. If a real estate agent does not represent the buyer, they often talk themselves out making an offer. A real estate professional can talk them out of buyer’s remorse.
- Most buyers find it difficult to negotiate.
They may be uncomfortable talking to a seller directly and therefore avoid a For Sale By Owner property.
- Lack of negotiating experience or important transaction information can result in a lower selling price.
Or possibly, a bungled contract or potential legal ramifications.
- You will be negotiating with a more qualified person.
As most local buyers are working with an experienced real estate agent, you will probably be negotiating against an experienced professional who has an edge in the negotiating process. And this could cost you money.
- Accepting the offer is only the beginning of the process, ensuring a successful close is the goal.
A licensed real estate professional can work with all parties of the transaction to ensure the sale closes with the least amount of disruption, with the best solutions to issues that may pop up with the most money in your pocket at the end of the sale.